Monday, September 7, 2009

Mayweather: Is he an ass or is it all show?

At the end of his fight with Hatton Mayweather showed excellent sportsmanship and once again I was convinced that his assholeness was all show. I don't think he needs to do that to get fans to come and see him fight but obviously he and his crew do. Now with this fight with Marquez we have another clue:

“I think the negativity sells.” Mayweather said in his opening comments. “In sports it’s entertainment. Don’t judge me when I’m entertaining because when people see me they are compelled to watch…. because I’m an entertainer. The difference between me and other fighters is that I can go out there and box. I can adapt and adjust to anything once I’m in the ring.”
I love Marquez. I want to see him win. But Mayweather will win. This quote from the same interview says it all:

“First of all, I don’t consider myself a defensive fighter.” Floyd quipped. “I’m a defensive genius! Marquez is tough, he’s rugged, he’s a good counter puncher. He carries the Mexican flag on his back with grace and I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mexican fighters. At the end of the day I’m sure my Uncle Roger and my team have a great game plan in place and that we will go in there and beat Marquez come Sept. 19.”

No comments:

Post a Comment